Pagine

Lessons from my Father


0 comments
This blog is uber late, but if you only knew what my past 3 weeks have been like you would understand!

How sweet it is to hear the Lord speak! When I went home for Thanksgiving I was a little bummed because I felt as if "my plans" were all changing and even irrelevant. I had to prep myself before living for Piedmont. Believe it or not life has changed for the little Tindle family!

 I think it was in September my parents became emergency care for four kids ages 10, 7, 6, and 4! My parents haven't had kids is the house for many years. Not trying to call them old, but there baby is 24! So Thanksgiving wasn't just going to be the five six of us anymore. As some like to say, I have four new siblings! That's a family of 10, but wait now that Jamie is also engaged we are at 11! I prayed as I drove home for patience deliverance. And oh did the Lord deliver me. Not from these children and what I labeled chaos, but He delivered me from my own bondage and sin.

On Thursday Thanksgiving a passage kept coming to my mind. It's a commonly known passage and even one I like to use as I present my testimony. Matthew 19:13-15. Brief synopsis: Little children are coming to Jesus, the disciples rebuke the children, Jesus rebukes the disciples, and tells the children to come. I read this passage is a new light. Before I was always the child. Wanting to come and sit with Jesus, desiring to be in my Father's presence. But my Father proved to me that I one wasn't desiring Him and two that I wasn't the child in this passage I was a disciple. I have been living in a jealous state trying to turn these children from the presence of my parents, trying to regain that attention I once had from both mom and dad. Feeling as though they loved me less because they now had four new ones to love. I learned a lot about who I am in Christ, my desires, and my immaturity. Never again do I want to find myself pushing children away from the love of my Savior. These children are receiving that love through my parents. They are seeing Jesus in a way they have never seen Him before and what a blessing for them my parents me to see.

Meet Destiny(10) Bethany(7) Jessie (4) and Lee(6)

The family of 11

I love this picture. You can just see the love my Daddy has for this child. 

We really could be sisters. Teaching her to bake an apple pie


These boys could possibly be my favorite. They would never believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment