Pagine

the day of love.


0 comments
As a girl of my age (hahaha) and being single this precious day and bring so many different emotions! But how sweet is it to know that though the world looks at me today and has pity for me that I poses a love that conquers all things. No greater love will I ever have than the love I had today. I have a Father who in the midst of my rebellion came down and pulled me out of my pit. I am loved by a man who gave his life for me. And because he loves me so I am capable of loving. So as I think about today and how I could get wrapped up in this season of singleness the Lord has me in and "mourn" I refuse because today I will rejoice because I am loved and I can love!

I am loved. I am blessed. I can love. I choose to love with the and by the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Today I expected nothing, because I have it all. But the Lord has chosen those you know me best to remind me that I am loved (because it is easily forgotten). My momma and daddy have given me their world and I am grateful. They continually give to me and take nothing for themselves. I am too often ungrateful for their selfless love for me! A surprise visit from daddy and a little pink bag with a little white box inside opened to find a beautiful bracelet with a little red heart. An unexpected treasure.

The Lord has blessed me with so many friends. These friendships are like angels sent to push me to Jesus. to make me smile when I can't see the goodness in the day. The friends are young and old.

These friends that I have come to realize I can't live without the past two years and don't know how I have lived life without them. These friends have become like family to me so quickly. They have cared to know me to the deeper parts of my heart. And because they know my selfish ways they know that my love language is gift receiving! They are so special to me not because they gave me a gift but because they took the time to think of me. Thank you Brady and Kelly!

friends and family alike they love me so well because they too have this love that comes from a mighty God. 

So today I do want to love. I want to love my friends. I want to love my family. but I want to send my valentine to my Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment