Pagine

taste and see that the Lord is good


0 comments
It is hard to believe that it is already February. What happened to January? What happened to cold nights, hot cocoa, and bon fires? I can't believe we are already down one month this semester, but it is never ceases to amaze me how much the Lord can do in so little of time. 

Over the past month I have had so many encouraging conversations with girls just about how there relationship with the Lord has grown and their hearts have been breaking for the things of Christ. I was almost studded when talking to a freshman this week and she explained to me how for the first time she has truly felt compassion for people. Another conversation I had today about just how joyful she had become since being in the fellowship with believers and coming to realize how great of an opportunity she has to influence her friends and teammates for Jesus. So much has been going on at CSU and I could talk for hours of just how many students are excited for the gospel! And how students are already making commitments to give there summer to grow in the Lord. The thought that it's only the beginning of February is exhausting but also super exciting to me. We still have majority of the semester ahead of us and so much it yet to be done. Please join me in prayer for this campus, for these students, and for students who are still seeking the world to find fulfillment. 

At the first of the year I began reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp in much anticipation for her coming in March for the in-house retreat at East Cooper Baptist Church.  As I have been reading her book and her appeal for thanksgiving the one thing that has truly stuck out to be is how thanksgiving makes moments last longer. When we stop to truly enjoy and are grateful we are able to see the goodness of the Lord in all things. Every moment of the day seems to last for hours. As I have been seeking the Lord and searching my heart to have an attitude of thankfulness I have been able to freely enjoy Christ in everything. In the stressful days of ministry when their seems to be no fruit and even in the days full of laughter. Experiencing the change of hearts in my students has given me much reason to be thankful, and these sweet moments with these girls have seemed like days.  I have truly tasted the work of the Lord, seen that it is more than good, and can have an attitude of thankfulness. 

As I continue to read I will be sure to keep you informed on this attitude of gratitude. 


No comments:

Post a Comment