Pagine

I got a brand new name


0 comments
So this week has been one of the most exciting weeks in a long time! For the past 9 months I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of a sweet little boy who I get to call nephew and he gets to call me aunt. What a joy it was to be able to be there at the hospital. I don't think there has been another time in my life where my emotions went from anxiety to joy to fear to tears so sporadically. As I drove from Mount Pleasant, SC to Augusta, GA the miles seemed to get longer and cars were getting slower! And unknown to me my little buddy was waiting on me! My dear sister-in-law might tell this story a little different after the hours she spent in the delivery room...
We are going to be the best of friends...

 I was able to stay in town for a few days and what a joy it was to snuggle on that sweet little baby! Though it's only been a few days I am also thrilled and overwhelmed as I watch my brother begin this journey of fatherhood. Jeremy has always loved so hard and cared so well for me. He is the one who took and still takes the duty of "guard" when it comes to me going or doing anything. He has also been right there with Dad about dating rules, things I wear, etc. Luckily for us all Jeremy and Erin had a son first and not a daughter. Jeremy is going to be a wonderful daddy! What a joy it was to watch him hold and sometimes just stare at his sweet boy. 

Not only is Jeremy is daddy, Jamie an uncle, or me an aunt, but Mom and Dad are now grandparents! They are beyond excited to be in this season of life! I think both and I do been both  of them have been eager to become grandparents. Neither of them could stop smiling while in the presence of Colt. Mom and Dad are going to spoil this baby way more than even I have been spoiled (if that's even possible)!

They are smitten 


Since being back in Charleston I find myself just thinking of Colt often. Good thing I took a ton of pictures! I have enjoyed just scrolling through the photos. This boy is so loved and probably if possible already very spoiled! 

As life is just beginning for this little guy I am praying that the Lord will draw Colt to Himself. That Colt will come into a relationship with the Lord at a very young age. That he will be able to flee all ungodliness and worldliness. That the salvation from the Lord through Jesus Christ will be his protection and strength. I pray that he will see and understand that even in what seems like innocence he is guilty of sin. I pray Colt that your worship will be unto Jesus for he is imperishable but things of this world will perish. 

What joy being an aunt has already brought me! I am looking forward to the years the Lord blesses me to live in this new identity of aunt! Thank you Colt for throwing me into this new position! 

Just having a little fun with Jojo...
I told him wearing birthday hats and celebrating birthdays are the best :)

 I just can't get over this sweet face and that great hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment