Pagine

"The Gospel for Real Life"


0 comments
Well I just decided that I am going to try and give a summary of the books I read. One for myself and two for you! I hope that you might pick up one or two of the books I am reading and read them for yourself!

I literally just finished and put down a book that I read as a Sophomore in college and now have reread with girls on campus at Charleston Southern, The Gospel for Real Life: Turn to the Liberating Power of the Cross...Every Day. 

Wow! This is been so good and so refreshing!  I have been reminded yet again of the importance of the gospel! Reminded to remember the atoning blood of Jesus. Reminded that yes this gospel brought justification but this gospel must be in every part of my day. every decision. every thought. every action. Reminders like this should be at the forefront of my mind. "I am accepted by God, not on the basis of my personal performance, but on the basis of the infinitely perfect righteousness of Jesus Christ." 

This book progresses through the riches we are offered in Jesus, the need for Jesus' death on the cross, our sin and how we are completely justified through Christ, an understanding of reconciliation and our new position and identity with God, how we are in a process of sanctification, and ends with the truth that the Gospel is about God and the world...not me.

So now what? Well with the power of Christ within me I will lean into Him! I will rely on him. I will trust Him. I will live dependently of Him. And I will share the unsearchable riches I have received through Jesus with the world! When I fail to do this...because I know I will...I will turn my face to Him in repentance. Every day turning to the liberating power of the cross because what I know for sure is that I cannot do life on my own I have a great need for my great Lord and Savior!

Of this gospel I was made a minister according to the gift of God's grace which was given me by the working of his power. To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things, so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places.    Ephesians 3:7-10

No comments:

Post a Comment