Pagine

JOY: 2015 word


0 comments
As I have thought about choosing a word for this year since before the new year I have thought about so many sweet memories of this past year. Opportunities the Lord gave me to just trust. Trusting in Him is the sweetest place to be and leaning in and even trusting when I really wanted to doubt taught me more about the Lord then I could have ever imagined. Trusting was also difficult. I often doubted, I often doubt. But oh how sweet it is sweet to stretched and challenged to trust when we can't see the outcome. As much as I just wanted to keep the same word I decided not to, but this doesn't mean I stop trusting. I pray my life is a demonstration of what is looks like to trust in Jesus in every breath.

As January is about to reach it's halfway point I have decided my word will be JOY. One of my dear students (and friend) made me think about having a word such as joy. She told me it should be something that makes my heart leap (at least that's what I think she was trying to tell me..). So I considered this. Asking myself, "what makes my heart leap"? I looked to the Lord through his word and prayer. I looked around me at my current circumstances. I thought about areas in my life where I desired growth. And somehow and for some reason the word JOY kept coming to mind. By nature I'm learning I am very much a pessimist so I often refuse joy and for some reason choose frustration, anger, or apathy. Also, I'm a realist, so often joy is difficult when I see the state of the world for what is it. I think JOY is going to be literally life changing is that I have a need to revamp my definition of joy. When I'm waiting, anxious, annoyed, confused, etc. I can't seem to grasp joy. My understanding of the Lord and His joy is so shallow. Though in the midst of this first month of January many many people and families around me are struggling. They are in seasons of drought. seasons of suffering. How can there be joy is seasons where you are staring at death's front door? How can there be joy when there is so much sin and rebellion in the world? How can there be joy when you just want to sit and ask the Lord why? How can there be joy when you are disappointed yet again?

There is joy for those who are in Christ Jesus. There is joy because we have hope in what's to come. There is joy because I deserve death and wrath everyday but Jesus chose to be obedient to death on a cross so that I might have life. JOY. May I not allow the world to define my joy. May I not allow the world to steal my joy. May my joy be full and complete in Jesus. May my joy be defined by the cross of my savior!

So this year my prayer for myself is that
I may find joy in healing 
I may find joy in patience
I may find joy in new beginnings
I may find joy in faithfulness
I may find joy in persistence
I may find joy in change
I may find joy in the mundane
I may find joy in disappointments
I may find joy when my desires so unmet
I may find joy in having my hands open for the will of the Lord
I may find joy in each day and in every moment and all circumstances.

May I see more and know more of the Lord in the year 2015. Teach me. Mold me. Change me.



But now I am coming to you, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves. 
John 17:13


No comments:

Post a Comment