Pagine

washed with water


0 comments
This past weekend I had the sweet opportunity to baptize one of the girls I have been able to directly and indirectly disciple for the past three years. Gina became a follower of Christ in high school through young life and had never been baptized. The Lord had recently brought her to the conclusion that she needed to follow in obedience and be baptized. This sign of her faith didn't seal the deal and she is no more of a Christian than she was the day before, but what a sweet moment to realize God uses his word, the local church, and even me to work in the growing obedience of his children. 

I go back and forth between whether or not I think baptism should be done by pastors or can be done by just anyone who is a follower of Christ. Today, I am very thankful the Lord brought me to the decision that it is okay for me to participate in the baptism of a life that I am deeply invested. I was filled with great joy as I remembered the nights sent looking at scripture and the afternoons just spent chatting in dorm rooms. I was reminded that my labor is not in vain and the giving of my dear partners serves a great purpose. Yes my hands were the ones doing the physical dunking, but their were many other hands represented because of the faithfulness in giving and prayers for the gospel to go forth through me. 


In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead. 
Colossians 2:11-12




No comments:

Post a Comment